I’m lazy these days. Repeating the never ending house chores tire me in the end. Since Adam is popping out a couple of teeth, hence, sleepless nights I had.
Despite of how lazy and tired I am, I still cook for him. (I dont have any frozen purees food on the go, but I do have the Heinz purees.)
So here’s the lazy meal of the day! Why I call it lazy? Because I just put everything in a pot and let it boil while I rest/entertain the drama king. Lol!
- Rice (brown rice is better)
- Shittake mushroom
- Anchovies powder
- Water (No measurement, buy I surely do put a lot of water in a low heat pot)
- Rinse the rice a few times before boiling it. Remember, add in a lot lot lots of water if you want to make a rice porridge. In a low heat pot, not medium or high. When the water boils, it might spill over if it’s on a medium or high heat.
- Shred the carrot.
- Chop the chicken, mushroom and spinach into tiny pieces.
- Add carrot, chicken, mushroom and spinach into the same pot. (I dont wait till it boils, because I’m lazy liddat. Lol!)
- And then, add 1 tbsp of anchovies powder into the rice porridge.
- Since I dont saute this meal, I add on extra virgin olive oil in the rice porridge as a dressing.
How to know the rice porridge is ready? When the water is almost dried up, then the rice porridge is ready. Bear in mind, if the rice seems isn’t soft yet, add on the water some more. A nice rice porridge for babies is when you stir the porridge a bit hard, the rice seems to break easily. Another tips, while making rice porridge, do not close the lid. Let the water dry without the lid closed.
This meal is suitable for 9months onwards. Omit mushroom to be introduced to younger babies.
P/s : If your baby cant have/take any textured food yet, you may blend the food altogether once cooked. Or if you are super duper lazy to chop the ingredients, feel free to blend the ingredients (carrots, chicken, mushroom, spinach).
Till next meal!