Adam will be 11 months in 2 weeks time, which means he has been eating solid food for almost 5 months now. He was eating pureed food for 2 months and slowly I transitioned him to a more textured food and now, I no longer blend the food anymore.
Since I’ve been feeding him variety of food these days (yummy food I tell you), I thought that I would share the recipe with mothers out there looking for recipe to feed their LO (at last I know what’s the purpose of my blog. LOL!).
Ingredients are :
- Shittake mushroom
- Baby spinach
- Chicken bone broth (I’ve blended the chicken in as well)
- Garlic (for sauting)
- Unsalted butter (for sauting)
- Parsley flakes/oregano leaves/mixed herbs
- Rice porridge/pasta
- Heat the sauce pan in a low heat with a bit of unsalted butter (I didn’t measure it, I just scooped it by using a teaspoon).
- Add the garlic in the melted butter and stir it to avoid burning.
- Add in the mushroom, carrot and spinach. Stir again for at least a minute or so. Wait until you see everything is well cooked.
- Add in the chicken bone broth.
- You may add the cheese once the soup is boiled and slowly stir the soup.
- Sprinkle some extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and stir.
- For an aromatic smell soup, sprinkle some parsley flakes/oregano leaves/mixed herbs.
You’re ready to eat now!
This soup can be eaten by the whole family and the baby. No salt, no sugar.
- I shred the carrot which is easier than cutting it into tiny pieces.
- I usually blend the chicken in with broth so everytime I use the broth, there’s a taste of chicken in it.
- It’s a soup that can be eaten with rice porridge, pasta or as a soup. Yes it is a soup anyway.
- EVOO is good for babies. I always sprinkle EVOO as a dressing to Adam’s food even in his avocado. I’ll write a post about this EVOO soon.
Goodluck trying this recipe.
Till next time.