My husband and I LOVE fettuccine carbonara a lot! When I said LOVE, that means a lot lot lot. There’s this one restaurant that serves the best fettucine carbonara that I’ve ever tasted! We go there like once or twice in a month. Trust me, we dont go there that often as in once a week, but once we do, we do add on a lot of calories at one time! Lol
And suddenly it hit me, why dont I try to make one at home? I know, I’m not that really of a good cook, but trying isn’t harming, right? My husband still eats whatever I cook even how bad it tastes. Hahaha sorry honey!!
So here are my simplest recipe :-
- Prego sauce : carbonara and mushroom; and cheese and herbs (optional)
- Minced beef/chicken
- Fresh milk
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic (3)
- Holland onion (1)
How to prepare :
- Put the fettucine in a hot boiling water with some oil in it.
- Put the hotdog that has been sliced into the same boiling pot.
- While waiting, stir-fry the garlic, holland onion that has been chopped. Include the minced beef as well.
- Once the minced beef started to cook well, add in the 1 can of carbonara and mushroom prego sauce, and 1/2 can of cheese and herbs prego sauce.
- Add in the hotdog from the boiling pot into the sauce as well.
- Stir well and then add in the fresh milk around 1/2 glass.
- Stir again until everything mixes.
- Add 1 or 2 of tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- Stir well and it’s done!
Make sure the fettucine boiled is nicely cooked. Not too soft, not too hard. Just nicely cooked.
Enjoy your meal!
P/s : before served, scatter a little pinch of parmesan cheese on top of the meal. You’re gonna love it!